Thursday, November 02, 2006

Responding To "Mosnters are due on Maple Street".

Well, last week I read a story called “Monsters are due on Maple Street”. It was a very interesting story, and like all the stories this one had a special message. I think that the message on this story is that the people on Maple Street, when they don’t have someone to blame they blame themselves, the worst enemy. “With few variations. They pick the most dangerous enemy they can find… and it’s themselves”. Said one of the aliens. I think that’s one important message that the author wants us to understand very well. The story helps me to understand that the guilt is not always what it seems. You can have it in your self or you can have it beside you or sometimes you can’t even see it.

I think that the messange is really valid on todays world. Righ now that message is all over the movies and kids books. Its a very tipic message, veryone takes it in a good way. I think that if I was going to remake the stoy I wouln't change nothing of the message because I think that the message is better seen righnow than before. For this message I feel very good because is a mesagge thatreally expreses what the aouthur whants to transmit.

Well, now I think that Monster are due on Maple Street need some changes so the people no can really beleave that story. Something that I would change is how the blackout happends, righ now if a blckout occurs no one wories. They just call the police or something like that, righ now it is very normal. An other thing I would change is the way Tommy sais about the aliens, it is a way thatr no one will beleve because its a little kid and they wach those things on tv. Other things I would change is were the setting will be, I think that it could be in the suburbs because is a little place were you can`t go out. Some equipments that could be affected in the blackout so it would be alittle more strange could be cellphones, i pods and clocks. Those will be some changes I will make to the teleplay.

No comments: